Sunday, November 21, 2010

A low-key day

Soo not much is new. Lenny did a great job of recapping yesterday's activities but because he's been so sick today we didn't end up doing much at all really. Here are some pictures from the day:

I did the groceries today and picked up Lenny's favourite fruit, watermelon, and then decided to sweeten it up a bit. I ended up making a gigantic fruit salad that we can eat over the next couple of days. It's not the most seasonal or inexpensive thing I've ever done, but it certainly is delicious!
I made some lentil-carrot-leak soup tonight for dinner. It turned out pretty well although the leeks are hurting my throat a bit... turns out that I must be developing an allergy to them to. It doesn't surprise me that much because they're so close to onions, but geesh, swelling hands just from chopping them is a bit much! In more positive news, Lenny's mom brought us the cutest penguin cookie jar also featured in the above photo.

This final picture is just for kicks. Lenny is so sick that he was eating cookies off of my laptop! My laptop people! haha poor guy gets so loopy when he's feverish that he doesn't know what way is up.

Tomorrow holds the first rehearsal with my accompanist since September followed by four hours of work at the beloved clothing store. Hopefully I don't get sick and Lenny fares ok without me!

No comments: