Saturday, November 6, 2010

Sick - Day Three

For only three days of sickness, this bug has certainly knocked me right off of my feet. I'm sooo tired but laying down means more violent coughing; there's no happy medium. I was coughing up such a storm this afternoon that Lenny and I headed to the walk-in clinic nearby to get checked out. The doctor there doesn't seem to think there's anything to worry about but I might still make an appointment with someone else later this week if my symptoms continue. Feeling your entire chest cavity vibrate as you inhale is pretty special. It's slightly reminicent of childhood asthma attacks. Anyhoo, Lenny is taking excellent care of me and even got me some flowers to look at as I continue to sprawl out on the couch for hours on end:



I signed up for the Vaughan Resolution Run today. It gives me hope that I'll be feeling better enough sometime soon. I've got a training schedule worked out and am excited to see a faster time than last year.

Speaking of Christmas, Lenny and I picked up our first Christmas tree the other day:

You may ask, "Why bears?" Well I say, whenever I get in one of my pessimistic, grumpy moods (hardly ever I'm sure you know ;) ), Lenny always says "The bear is out." It's a funny game we play that reminds me to be happy, so when we saw this tree at Costco, we just had to get it. I'm so happy I've found someone with a sense of humour to hang out with for the rest of my life.

We had spaghetti squash with marinara for dinner tonight. If you've never tried this combo, I highly recommend it. It was so easy to make (so Lenny tells me), really inexpensive, and full of vitamins. Nom nom nom!

Well I think that's pretty much it for exciting news. I'm going to go back to enjoying http://tvpc.com's live streams of HGTV, TLC, and the Food Network. Woot woot!

No comments: