Yesterday Lenny and I drove to KW where Paula lives and Keely was visiting from Ottawa. We started out with an awesome breakfast buffet at the Crossroads restaurant in Elmira and then headed to the market. Here's a picture of the gang entering the market:
We bought some delicious dried summer sausage, a spaghetti squash (only $1!), half a bushel of McIntosh apples (yum!), some fudge, and some coffee. The coffee place had a really neat counter that Lenny liked so I took a picture:
After the market we headed into the village to check out some of the shops including this fantastic chocolate shop:
Len and I bought a truffle each and Keely got some delicious candy cane fudge that she was kind enough to share bits of :)
Next up was the art stores in the silos and one of Paula's favourite shops:
While we were waiting for the girls to pay for their purchases, Lenny and I took the opportunity for a photo shoot outside the doors. These were the top two:
That pretty much recounts our visit to St. Jacobs. It was nice to see my sisters and hear a bit about what's new in their lives. Paula will be heading to Boston until Christmas time as of Thursday and Keely might be moving job branch locations in Ottawa. Sorry the visit didn't produce much more exciting info than that!
When we got home we started putting up the Christmas decor. Here is the now infamous bear tree with some pretty white lights, gold musical instrument ornaments, and some red bulbs:
I also have, as promised, a before and after picture of our fireplace mantle. Here's the fall look:
And here's the Christmas look:
My school projects are going well. I actually got a fairly respectable amount of work on an HR assignment done today. It will certainly be nice to have the anxiety that comes with looming assignments vanish once I finish it; hopefully tomorrow sometime... and then on to the next project!
Well I think that's a long enough of a post for now. Going to go check on our nummie roast beef dinner that's cooking in the oven. Yay Lenny's mad cooking skillz!
No comments:
Post a Comment