Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sick - Day Five & Six

Yesterday was not all that exciting hence the lack of a blog. After dropping Lenny off at work, I drove to Hamilton to visit the music specialist I've been seeing about my tendonitis and playing issues. Thankfully the construction is finished on the 403 and I made it there with no major traffic slowdowns -- a first in over three years I think. I arrived an hour early and tried to find the downtown area to visit some cute shops but had no luck. I should have checked it out online before I left but I thought I had a general idea where it was. Unfortunatley all I found was a really run-down old downtown. Ah well. The doctor's appointment went really well. The good news is that my hands and arms are becoming more normal. The bad news is that I'm a lot more tense than I should be. Anyhoo, nothing that a bit of meditation and destressing can't fix.

Today was a day of waiting. I had an appointment on campus at 11:15 that was supposed to last for an hour but ended up only going for 45 minutes. Then I had to wait for my 1:30 class fighting with the terrible wireless access on campus. Class was supposed to last for two hours but he let us go after an hour because we were all looking like zombies or something. Then I had to wait until 3:40 for my doctors appointment. To top off my day of waiting, the doctor was 40 minutes late. On the plus side he was a bassoon player (really?!) and sympathized with my lungs sounding like pop rocks. I am now the proud new owner of an inhaler and some antibiotics. Hopefully this means this will be the last sick post!
In other news I've started a year-end project on Sabena Airlines management when they were transitioning from a private to public enterprise. If you've got anything to add to that, feel free to send it along.

In closing I will share this cute website I stumbled upon today: http://custom-figure.com/kinds-of-labs.html

No comments: