Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sick - Day Four

Well I still sound like I'm suffering from big time pneumonia. No news there. I'm feeling less tired today though and didn't even spend the extra hour of daylight savings sleeping.

Today was a pretty productive and fun day. This morning we decided to go out to Cora's for breakfast and we managed to score a table before the 9 am church-rush; a rarity for us. I enjoyed a sunshine panini-crepe and Len had a western crepe-omelette. I scarfed down lots and lots of fruit and finished it all off with a delicious fruit smoothie. Nom nom nom. :)

While Len digested and went to the gym to throw around some weights, I managed to wash all of the windows on the first floor inside and out (only two, but they're big!) and measure them for some plastic shrink wrap. I also got both bathrooms cleaned today -- it's so good to be able to move around again!

This afternoon Len suggested we head out to St. Mary's for some fall adventures. St. Mary's is a small town north of London, about equadistant between London and Stratford.There are a lot of really pretty stone buildings and some really neat architecture to look at. There are also a bunch of craft shops and independant stores including this delightful chocolote shop next to the Canadian Baseball Hall of Fame (click the picture to enlarge).
We took a walk along the water and watched some ducks and people walking their dogs. Here's a picture of me relaxing with some tea and a picture of Len checking out the ducks.
For dinner we went to a cute little diner and enjoyed some burgers and sweet potato fries. Ah comfort food, how delicious you are! They had some beautiful Christmas boughs outside and it made me a little homesick. Reminded me of when we used to make homemade wreaths with the cedar trees outside the front of the house in Algonquin. Sigh.


On the way back to London, we decided to check out the movie Due Date. It was really cute and definitely significantly better than the 39% Rotten Tomatoes gave it. Lenny laughed a lot and I tried but it would only result in large coughing fits... but it was still a really fun couply time. To make it even more awesome, we actually didn't have to pay for one of our tickets: when we went up to the machine, there was already one sitting there printed out and unclaimed. We picked it up and went to the machine beside it and paid for another one and no one came back to claim it. All in all a good way to end an eventful day.

Tonight I'm curled up with a case study for my HR management class and waiting for The Amazing Race to begin. Although we didn't cross countries today, I still had a good amount of fun. :)

No comments: