Friday, November 5, 2010

Sick - Day Two

Well today was slightly more eventful than my 12 hours spent on the couch yesterday. The morning began with dropping Lenny off at work followed by a tour of Home Sense, one of my favourite stores. They're starting to get some Christmas things in now and that's pretty exciting. I've got to think of what colour themes we should do with our Christmas decor before I get anything though. It's a tough choice because red and green just seems to simple. Should I add silver or gold, or maybe blue and white, or burgundy? Hmmm I will have to take an inventory of what we have now and go from that. We inherited a lot of stuff from previous roommates and I'm not really sure what's there anymore.

After Home Sense it was off to Shoppers for me to pick up some more cough medicine. This was followed by a visit to the Dollar Store in the same mall to pick up some picture frames to host Lenny's 25-km race pictures. Still so proud and amazed at his accomplishment. Anyhoo, in other exciting news, the city has finally started paving Wonderland between Sarnia and Hyde Park. For all you non-Londoners, once this finishes it means we'll be able to drive to the big box stores with more than just one lane each way... Fun times!

After shopping came marking, something that always seems to take longer than you expect it to. Then it was off to catch a bus to work at the clothing store. Lucky for me it started raining/sleeting and apparently (although I didn't see it) snowing. Work was alright. They recently swapped out all of the overhead lights to LED and it makes a crazy big difference. It's so much less intense. Kind of hard to describe now that I think about it. The store was also giving away a lot of free sample items in exchange for donations to the United Way so all of our customers were in a pretty good mood. I was also proud of myself for not coughing up a huge storm in the store. Way to go body!

I'm getting more excited about feeling better and starting to train for the Resolution Run. I'm quite determined to do better this year and with an easier school schedule, training should be a lot easier to fit in. I still have to come up with some sort of non-food-related reward for doing it though so if you have any ideas, let me know.

Well I've been ready for bed since about 2:00 p.m. so I'm going to take the opportunity to say ciao ciao now.

No comments: