Friday, November 12, 2010

C is for cookie

Well I'm still not feeling that much better unfortunately. My cough is soundly significantly less pop-rocksy than in recent times but it's still far from over. Tomorrow I'm planning on spending some time with my sisters Paula & Keely in the St. Jacobs area and I'm hoping with all hope that I'll have enough energy and breath to make it through the day with ease.

Today I made Maple Leaf Cookies from Marthastewart.com. Turns out breathing in flour dust is realllly annoying when you're not breathing well at the best of times. The cookies took probably too much effort for how they came out, even though they're a pretty tasty version of a shortbread cookie. I ended up substituting salted butter for unsalted because I stupidly thawed the wrong pound of butter. I think the taste was balance off with the use of whole-wheat instead of white dough. All in all a tasty treat; it is rather hard to go wrong with sugar and butter anyways right?

I did a lot of shopping today. It's pretty much what I do when I'm waiting for Len and trying to kill some time out of the house. Turned out we didn't get to spend any one-on-one time today so a lot of shopping was had. I picked up some stockings and stocking hangers, red and gold tree ornaments (only $2.99 for 12 at Jysk!), a Western sweater for Lenny (only $21, regularly $42), some groceries (more goat cheese -- so yummy!), and some new pajamas (on sale for $12 at Zellers). I also finally bought some baskets for the kitchen. I've been wanting to get some for a loooooooong time but never had the monies. Here's a close-up of our new baskets:
And a pair of before & after photos:I'll post some pictures of the Christmas decor once it is up. I'm kind of waiting until after the St. Jacobs market tomorrow. Lenny wants to wait until Dec. 1. We'll see who wins. I suspect it will be the person that spends more time actually in the house...

As for a final picture, here is a nummy turkey burger cooked on our George Foreman grill. This grill thingy is great. There's nothing quite like being able to cook a piece of meat so quickly. woot. We certainly have a lot of kitchen appliances in comparison to the average bear, but we do use almost all of them on a regular basis.
Aside from shopping, I also did a lot of Stumbling through the internet (don't worry, I did a fair amount of school work today too). I came across this wedding proposal and the girl's surprise just warmed my heart:




I should say as a side note too that there's a jewelery store in the mall that's closing down Dec. 31 and everything is 15-50% off. I looked at a lot of pretty diamond rings and half considered buying myself an engagement-ish ring.

Well that is all for now. Going to see if tvpc.com has TLC up and running again.

No comments: