- 7:30am wake-up to finish packing stuff... bed time was 2am...
- 100 screws in awkward positions needed unscrewing. I think this is where the fingerprints on my hands went (from holding onto screws to catch before the fell)
- 8 trips in the PT Cruiser with Osbert (see blog on the side) with SO much stuff [pictures to follow sometime in the near future]. Osbert was SO excellent about helping and kept me in good spirits by doing such wonderful things as:
- Singing the Circle Communion song at least 20 times
- Helping me learn the Gloria in Latin... complete with non-French diction for most of it; oh my!
- Suggesting such awesome things like "No no, don't put that in [big box about to be loaded into an empty car first]. Start with this one, it's small [places 10x2x3 box in the middle of the empty car]". This particular comment is still making me laugh out loud 24 hours & many recollections later.
- Reminding me that I have too much stuff about 20 times. I MUST get rid of at least 1/3 of all this before I move again in one month's time.
- Introducing me to another one of Poulenc's awesome works: Stabat Mater
- Keeping up with my swift pace of moving & taking charge when needed :)
- A 21-machete salute to Osbert! You rocked! Thank you so much for being awesome! [inside joke... do a little Facebook stalking if you want to figure it out]
- The resume [for the Mus Ed job] I thought I needed for tomorrow, I don't need until the 24th. Yay. Seeing as I don't have a computer hooked up right now, this is very good news.
- I still have the car I rented for moving until tomorrow at noon so I can get groceries :)
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Too Much Stuff
I don't think a more perfect blog title exists for this entry: over the last two days I (along with some eversowonderful friends) moved a LOT of stuff. Here are some highlights in bullet form seeing as I'm kind of too worn out to put effort into making sentences:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good to hear you are all moved and in, sorry we weren't any help from here. You have to move again in a month??? Oh dear... =(
Post a Comment