Friday, April 25, 2008

Decision Time

Ok I *must* decide sometime, preferably before Monday, if I want to go for the BMOS business degree (8 more courses... roughly $6800) or a BA in Music Administrative Studies degree (4 more courses... roughly $5000). GAH! I hate making these sorts of decisions.

If I choose the actual business degree (BMOS), I must enroll in online summer school by May 1, but the sooner the better because some classes fill up fast. My options for classes would be 1.5 of the following:

0.5 -- Math 1228a/b Methods of Finite Mathematics (Permutations and combinations; probability theory)

1.0 -- Soc 1021E Introduction to Sociology (An examination of the major theoretical perspectives in the field of Sociology, methods of empirical investigation of social phenomena, socialization, group structure, principles of social organization, community structure, population and social change)

0.5 -- MOS 4410a/b Strategic Management for MOS (Identification and analysis of problems and strengths in the organizational environment, using models from the social sciences. Strategies designed to deal with organizational challenges will be explored)

0.5 -- Psych 2035a/b Psychological Aspects of Lifeskills (Examines ways in which recent research findings in psychology may be applied in the individual's life. Emphasis on psychology as an empirical science and on avenues of self-understanding and personal growth. Topics include: personality, stress and coping, person perception, interpersonal communications, friendship and love, sexuality, vocational development)

OR (I can't take both Psych classes)

0.5 -- Psych 2030a/b Human Adjustment (This course will survey various categories of maladjusted behaviour and consider different explanatory models and treatment strategies for the control of such behaviour. Theories of human adjustment and maladjustment will be reviewed)

I think right now I'm leaning towards taking the Strategic Mgmt course and the Soc course. We'll see how I feel in a few hours.

No comments: