Sunday, April 20, 2008

Random Operatic Babblings

So I was reading this article on the NY Times web-site (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/20/arts/music/20gure.html?ref=arts) that talked about upcoming tenors. After checking out some of these guys on Youtube I'm quite surprised at their choices...

The first video that comes up for Juan Diego Florez has quite a bit of room in terms of voice development... check it out for yourself if you're needing some procrastination filling (in his defense, this recording is almost 2 years old, but still...)




Perhaps this goes to show why it's a good idea for artists to post themselves on Youtube... The May 2007 version of La donna e mobile (from Rigoletto... guaranteed everyone would recognize this) was considerably better.



I'm always a fan of people singing along :-P

Ok, I'm going to go find some dinner and then head of to rehearsal. Yay.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize that you'd had voice training too!

Heather said...

Not a lot of training per se but I have a decent idea about voice concepts.

Anonymous said...

I'm fascinated reading your comments about Florez. Out of sheer curiousity, just exactly what do you mean specifically about his "needing quite a bit of room for vocal development?" I see that you spend alot of time sharing the intimate moments of your life, and your plans for each and every day, but I just wonder if you would consider spending an equal amount of time thinkin about his "need for vocal improvement"

I don't believe that your comment is something that's shared by the larger population of fans and critics, so I'm interested. It's probably more than obvious that I don't agree, but still, I am truly anticipating something really enlightening.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Computador, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://computador-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That person (anonymous) sure had a lot to get off their chest!

As for that last comment... aren't those sooo annoying??

Anonymous said...

I suppose you could say I had something to get off my chest, but more than that, I tend to become a bit impatient when I read broad, unspecific commentary about a singer. There seems to be alot of people who are just "dying" to find some fault with Florez. I'm not suggesting Heather is one of them by the way.

Now I must get an ID!