'Tis the question of the day. I've officially eliminated 3 boxes worth of stuff today with something like 30 boxes remaining to be reviewed. It is really tricky to part with perfectly good stuff knowing that a) there's nothing wrong with it and b) there is a potential that I might use it at some point down the road. I just need to remind myself that It truly is worth not having to move things around three or four times (over the course of the next few years) before I actually use it. For instance, there never will be a Venetian Blind Convention no matter how prepared I may be for it. Also, the likelihood that I will live in a place where the window is the same size as my past bedroom is fairly low (or so people tell me... maybe they just secretly want to steal one of my 3 Venetian blinds out of the dumpster).
I picked up a grad composite today from the Music Building office -- it's official: I now have a photo to be seen by music students for years to come on the Faculty Graduate hall (which is now more than one hall btw). I've thought a lot more about this photo than the average person does I'm sure. Call me vain but I can't shake the idea that this is the photo that people will see in twenty years to remember me by. I've looked at old composites and laughed at how people looked so cool (especially the '80s -- What were you thinking girl with poofy bangs!?!?!). The girls that always look the best seem to be the low-maintenance ones. Sans the glasses, I think I accomplished this. I hope I accomplished this.
I read on someone's Facebook post something along the lines of "Friendship and love can be the same thing. But when you love every friend, and try to love every person, where does that leave romantic love?" Thoughts about this have invaded much of my recent thinking time. What is the difference between friendship and love? Some food for thought indeed.
Tomorrow is the final concert of the season with the Stratford orchestra wink, wink, nudge, nudge.
I'm concerned how unexciting my blogs are going to be in the weeks and months to come as I'm no longer carrying out the activities of five normal people at the same time -- I know my busyness fascinates many of you. That being said, at least one thing should be improving: theoretically my grammar should improve with the increased amount of time to devote to blogging. Yay for making more sense :)
Anyhoo, I'm all out of ideas for now. Ttyl
5 comments:
"the increased amount of time to devout (um that would be 'devote' to blogging...?" sorry Heather, couldn't resist. = )
"What is the difference between friendship and love?"
If you don't now then you've never been in love!
Is it really that simple? I think it has got to be more complex.
I have to challenge your "carrying out the activities of five normal people at the same time" claim. Are Moms or DOCTORS not normal people anymore? There's a lot of busy people out there...
haha I don't consider them normal people, no -- they too fit an extraordinary amount of things into their days than the average person I run into (usually a student with 13hrs/wk of class...)
Post a Comment