Somedays, you just don't want to go to bed. The older I get, the more rare these days are, but still, tonight I do not want to go to bed. I think part of it may have to do with the amount of sugar ravaging its way through my body... this afternoon I had a long chat in the sun which made me tired so when I came home I had a can of 7Up with dinner (it has been sitting in my cupboard for quite a while now). I started studying, pop in hand, when Erin & Ryan came back and made, no joke, six dozen + chocolate chip cookies... the quantity is partially my fault because I suggested that they double the recipe since we/I like to eat a lot of snacks when I'm "studying." It looks like I got a little bit more than I bargained for; we're going to be eating cookies for the next 3 weeks solid! I'm sure some of them will have to make their way to a mouth nearest you perhaps -- just ask. :-P
Around 11(pm) I decided it'd be a good idea to finish collecting clothing to go to Goodwill. Erin and I already had 3 bags between the two of us, but with a little more hunting & debating & story-telling, we brought that up to 4 garbage bags. I like giving clothes away; it's always so cathartic. There are a lot of things I haven't looked at or thought of in a while and so many of them have fun stories that go with them (i.e. A high school musical t-shirt for a musical I was never in because I got mono... but I still like the shirt, even though I have only worn it maybe twice in four years... btw I kept it :) ).
Tomorrow I get a car for the day courtesy of S.H. The person I normally get a ride to Hamilton with can't go and seeing as you can't rent a car for less than 24hrs, I'm planning on getting a lot accomplished: take stuff to goodwill, take items to the dry cleaner, go on a book collection hunt (for books I've lent to people), grocery shopping, & box hunting (for moving). Should be an exciting day!
Anyhoo, I think I will go and read a bit... Hopefully that will make me sleepy.
No comments:
Post a Comment