- The Firebird solo went fantastic at the Hamilton concert on Sunday. Considering we had car trouble on the way there, the reed I intended to use was just disgusting, everything pulled together quite nicely. I also had a few good chances to see people in their crazy mode of being -- the one where their public "fake" self is set aside for moments of honest reflection. It was great. :)
- The Stratford rehearsal went fairly well. I always enjoy playing with this group -- they really are a talented bunch of people. I hope some of you could make it out to the last concert this Friday. It'd be really nice.
- Today was marked by frenziness as I saw another good friend off, started packing everything to move tomorrow, and writing my final exam. I think I will come away from this apartment with twice as much stuff as I initially moved in. For all intents and purposes that isn't too bad considering I've moved nearly everything out of my parents house and I've acquired most of the communal stuff that my roomies & I bought together.
I'm feeling quite reflective at this point. I have changed so much since I first moved in here two years ago. Two years ago I barely had this business degree started and now I'm nearly finished. Two years ago I started the journey of how to cook and now I'm on the road to having a fairly good handle on things. Two years ago I could have seen myself getting married in the near future and now I give little thought that this is about to happen anytime soon. Two years ago I was just jumping into a wholehearted effort at the Christian lifestyle and now I've gone full circle from a higher-profile Christian leader back to relearning the basics of the faith. Two years ago I was so hesitant to share myself with anyone other than very close friends and now I am a blogger. Two years ago I loved Paul Anka and today, well I'm listening to Paul Anka, and loving every single minute of it -- some things never change.
This is the end of the man (girl) I used to be,
'Cause there's been a strange and welcome change in me.
No comments:
Post a Comment