Tomorrow I will be heading out to Toronto for fun times with my bassoon avec Marcus Wieler Bassoon Repair. I'm supposed to take it in on a yearly basis for maintenance but for financial reasons, it's closer to once every two years for me (it doesn't take much when "just looking" fees start around $100/hr). I'm *very* excited to get rid of some permanent water I seem to have in my C & D flick keys, get rid of some metal clashing against metal around the pancake key, have my case modified so my wing joint is sliding around so much (somehow the padding has worn out and it has a good 3/4 of an inch of shifting space... not good), and having a replacement hand crutch invention put on (yay for preventing tendinitis!). So that I can get my bassoon back by the end of the day, it has to go in for 8:30am (YUCK). I think the reason why I am leaving tomorrow & staying at my Aunt Helga & Uncle Paul's in Toronto on Sunday evening must seem a little more evident now ;) . I am glad that I get to visit with them too as the last time we saw each other was in March of last year.
To add to the fun adventures I will be taking Steven's violin into downtown Toronto after I drop my bassoon off in Brampton. Given that I have zero experience driving around Toronto, I'm going to take the Go Train bus and subway. I have studied the maps carefully, but knowing my sense of direction, I'm sure I'll have a great story to tell when I get back! ... As a side note, the TTC has one of the worst-designed home pages for a popular company that I have seen in a long time. Check it out for yourself: http://www.toronto.ca/ttc/.
Ok, time for bed. Nothing says bad sense of direction like overtiredness.
No comments:
Post a Comment