Friday, February 22, 2008

I'm Baaaaack!

This week has been a busy busy week, to say the least. With two midterms, a concert in Stratford, and preparing for my recital (March 3!), blogging took a lower-than-normal priority! Here're some notes from the past week:

  • My recital prep is coming along fairly well. It is unfortunate that both myself and my accompanist are crazy busy right now, but we will pull it off alright. Yesterday I made it through a run-through for the first time (my embochure had yet to make it through). That was incredibly encouraging.
  • Last night Prince Mark, Jordan, Steven, Steven's sister Heather (visiting from Edmonton), Sarah, Brianna, and I went skating in Victoria Park to celebrate the almost-hereness of Reading Week. It as SO much fun! I am so thankful that Brianna had an extra set of skates that were my size :). After relearning how to skate (it's been a few years), we played "What time is it Mr. Wolf" and attempted to waltz on ice whist singing Tchaikovsky. I'm pretty sure the macho hocky players that were also using the ice thought we were just about the coolest thing going :P . After skating, we tried to get hot chocolate at both Williams & Tim Hortons but they both closed at like 10:30pm! Craziness! Anyhoo, we headed down to Cafe Demetris and ate way too many calories worth of cheesecake. It was so good to take a large chunk of time to just laugh and be silly after such a stressful week :).
  • One of the exams I had on Wednesday morning was unlike any exam that I have ever written, or likely will ever write again. Having felt not adequately prepared, you can imagine the sheer glee that arose when the professor announced that it was very a "Make your own exam" day. The exam consisted of 10 multiple choice (which I'm fairly confident I did well on) and 10 essay questions, of which you only had to answer three. Three of the essay topics given had nothing to do with any of the required readings (they were based on off-topic discussions we've had in class) so naturally I wrote about those three having been to all of those lectures. Fun times! :D
  • I got my marketing midterm back and I did really well! I think doing all of the readings in the week prior to the exam really does help me out. Professors tell you that it is not wise to do so, but with their nit-picky questions from one sentence on page four of the text, reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally, is this sound advice?

This coming week I get to help out with auditions for the music faculty (Wed-Sat). This is possibly my favourite job! All those nervous people wanting someone kind to talk to = soooo much fun! :)

Ok, time to get back to work...

No comments: