... so I will post funny videos instead:
This one made me laugh out loud:
This one gets funnier near the end... the quality is kind of poor but it is still kind of funny:
Yes the bassoon can actually sound not like a dying duck at times:
A good performance of the most practiced (I hesitate to say most famous...) bassoon solo ever:
One of my favourite composers (Piazzolla... I know, I will never be a "real" musician.. sigh...) arranged for four bassoons:
A significantly better recording of the Libertango, with Yo Yo Ma:
I looked for some videos of the L'Histoire du Soldat piece that I'm doing in a week or so, but they were all *so* bad.
P.S. Don't forget, my recital is on Monday! Monday at 8! E-mail me for more info if you like! :O)
I think I'm going to go start some doctoral proposal work seeing as I said I would have it done for Monday and I haven't started it yet and Sunday is a write-off day for work with a concert in Hamilton, a rehearsal & a dress rehearsal in London. Good thing this proposal thing doesn't require the use of any grammatical skills... Heaven knows this post exemplifies my lack of focus right now... do do do
2 comments:
Numbers 4 and 6 wouldn't work for me Heather... the rest were good. = )
Hey, why don't you post a video sometime of You playing? I've never seen you with a bassoon, and I think it would be cool to see you play! How 'bout it? =)
Post a Comment