Saturday, February 16, 2008

Perspective

Today was the most exhausted I have felt in a while. After rehearsal in Stratford this morning, I napped for the better part of the day. Things should be better tomorrow; I appreciate your prayers.

Congo Andrew (as he is known in my house... there is a link to his blog on the right hand side of the page) is heading out to Mozambique March 19 to work with a family that is part of the Iris Ministries. If you have a minute, I strongly encourage you to check out their "Latest News" section of their website: http://www.irismin.com/latest_news.cfm. As most of you are well aware, I'm quite the news junky and so was quite surprised to hear for the first time of the vast amounts of flooding and *huge* need for aide in Mozambique. The particular family Andrew is staying with is in Lichinga and has not been effected by the flooding directly to the best of my understanding.

The water is estimated to be 200-300 feet deep in some places.
Hundreds of thousands of people have been without any amenities for days.

I may not being feeling my best right now, but I certainly have a lot to be thankful for. Please join me in offering up prayers for the people of Mozambique, for the Christians that are there, for the missionaries that are there, and for Andrew as he prepares to go.

No comments: