Monday, February 11, 2008

I suppose it's one way to spend an evening...

... educating myself for two hours on the rape & sexual assault statistics for 20+ of Canada's finest universities. Yippee! :S... I anticipated that this would be something that didn't bother me at all but it is quite depressing to know that 25% of Canadian women will be sexually assaulted in her lifetime and at that, approximately 80% are assaulted by men known to them in some capacity. 2 hours of reading, comparing, & memorizing statistics like that would not be my first choice of activities, but alas my marketing group is meeting tomorrow to begin discussions on implementing a new marketing strategy for Western's Foot Patrol service / promoting safety on campus.

In other news, I'm close to the 50% mark for my marketing readings :). I kind of feel like I'm going a little bit insane with all of the cramming of seemingly useless knowledge (will I ever need to dictate what the Competition Act, the Consumer Packaging and Labeling Act, the Textile Labeling Act, and the Precious Metals Marketing Act govern, in great detail?). I've been trying to take more breaks than usual to assist in my overall mental health but alas all of these breaks are causing me to think too much about life & be more awkward than normal in social situations. At least with the majority of my friends preparing for mid-terms right now & being equally awkward, I am not feeling too alone in that department.

It was cold today. Very cold. In fact, I would hazard to guess that today was the coldest day we've had all winter if you take into account the wind chill: my eyelids were creaking by the time I got to the music building for an 8am rehearsal this morning. Yuck. While it is currently only -16, I wouldn't be surprised if it was over -30 with the wind chill... Today was the first time I considered trying to find someplace warm(er) to go for my reading week.

Ok, back to work.

No comments: