Monday, September 24, 2007

Who knew Mondays could go well?

Today felt like a very laid back sort of day. Usually this would make me somewhat concerned as if I'm forgetting to do something important, but I think, for the first time this school year, I might actually have a schedule down... for Mondays at least. Here are some nice things that I got to enjoy today:
  • I woke up a few minutes before my alarm was supposed to go off this morning for no other reason than that I was well-rested. I *love* when this happens.
  • While I wasn't able to get a word in during my accounting class, I generally understood what was going on and felt like I had a good grasp of the concepts. And this was in spite of having not finished the necessary readings...
  • After accounting class I was able to meet up with Kate, a second year Christian music student, and chat for a bit. I got to meet up with another student as well later on in the day for more Christian-music chat. I think I definitely have my "mentoring" hat on these days. :P
  • It was sooooooo beautiful & warm out today that I was able to wear a skirt. This excites me for two reasons: 1) I love skirts, especially how they swoosh when you're walking and 2) I discovered on Saturday that one of my two pairs of jeans have developed a hole in them rendering them unwearable in public anymore. Theoretically I will be able to make a trip to the shopping stores this weekend but we'll have to see how the homework/practising situation works out.
  • I got a lot accomplished during my personal practise time today. The Stravinsky no longer gives me the heebie jeebies every time I look at it. I might actually be starting to, *gasp, like it... including the rondo :)
  • While I was practising today, Andrew (Congo Andrew) called from work. It's been so long since he's called me that I couldn't even pin down who it was at first! LOL. Haha poor Andrew; I remember who you are just not what you sound like I guess. :P
  • I think some of the boys from the House of Magic (being the Christian guys' house of course) will be coming over for dinner tomorrow after orchestra. Jordan, Steven, Paul, & Mark are all such a riot when they're by themselves so it will be fun to see how they all interact together. :)
  • Tomorrow I'm also going out for breakfast with Brent, one of the pastors from RidgeView. At lunch I'll be going out for a celebratory meal with some staff in the music office; people there are very grateful for the increased publicity and interest in getting better performing facilities on campus by the BoG & administration.

Well I'm going to tackle some more finance readings. I've found out that typing my notes on the computer, rather than writing them out, makes the readings more fun. Probably just because it's different. But whatever floats your boat I guess.

You can visit this when you get bored: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8f8drk5Urw&mode=related&search=

It has entertained me multiple times :P

No comments: