So tonight I met up with some of the RidgeView folks to resolve some issues and try and figure out what exactly people are aiming for within the community. As completely shocking as it is to the leadership team that there are so many that want to gather together, apart from a Sunday service, I am just as shocked that people (a) have no idea why they want something more than just the services, (b) have little concept of what they want from gathering, and/or (c) have strong feelings about the impact of vulnerability in such a group. I have had so many moments where I'm just scratching my head in confusion, it's hard to even put all the latest news into words. I suppose that I have realized more in the last few weeks, that I share more of the vision that the leadership at the church has than do many of its members. I'm not sure if it's because I've heard of it more than the average Joe because I've talked at length with them, or if I just agree with the vision more than many others. One thing is for sure though: that Satan is, and will continue, to try and distract us/people from what God is trying to do with His people to bring Him closer to Him. It is frustrating at times that people can't recognize when he is pushing their buttons, but alas we must remember that Jesus conquered and we can take assurance that He has the almighty upper hand.
In other news, my bassoon got stuck together today. This happens when it is hot & humid because the joints are held together by cork, and cork swells when it is warm and moist. Thankfully, after a few hours of letting it sit on the cold floor, the pieces came apart without any damage (potential damage can occur if you pull a part out so fast that it hits something important on the way out). Tomorrow I will hopefully have time to get some cork grease. I've had at least 3 tubes/pots of it over the last six months but have managed to lose all of them. Thankfully they only cost something like $2.50, so it's not a big tragedy.
Well I'm knackered. I worked from 9:30-2:30 today and sold about a bazillion sweatshirts, t-shirts, and pants. I'd have to be pretty stupid to complain much about it though because I wasn't standing in one spot or cleaning the whole time, as often happens in the summertime :) . Anyhoo, I have another long day ahead of me tomorrow so talk to y'all later!
No comments:
Post a Comment