So today I found out, via Facebook, that one of my elementary school friends has become a Christian! YAY!!! This is the message I got:
hey heather, havnt talked tou u since like public school or high school! i know u are religious. well now i follow jesus and try my best to do his work if u can imagine lol
It excites me SO much that Jesus is working in my hometown after having convinced myself in my early teen years that He wasn't. Praise be to God!
On a separate note, I had some more lobbying fun today; the London Free Press was running an online poll. They were asking, "In your view, does London need a new performing-arts centre." When I initially logged on in the morning, the results were 64% No and 36% Yes. Naturally, this irked many a people and it almost seems as if every music group in London forwarded the link to every musician in London (I got *several* e-mails about this). The link is down now because it's no longer Thursday, but as of 11:45pm, the results were 64% Yes & 36% No, with 1227 votes cast. I realize that this poll is highly non-scientific and will likely not mean much to the "right" people, but I think it is a step in the right direction...
Symphony Hamilton was ok last night. It's a Sibelius Celebration with Sibelius's Symphony No. 2, Violin Concerto, & Finlandia. It is definitely much more different of a group than I've ever played with as the average age of the players is probably well into the 50s or 60s. This changes the characteristics of the sound as well as the social aspect of the group quite a bit. I am looking forward to something new though :)
Please pray for me about where I should plan on spending Thanksgiving... I have a few options & I'd like to make the best choice...
No comments:
Post a Comment