- Today I had my first Stratford Civic Orchestra rehearsal. I thoroughly embarrassed myself at least twice, but other than that, got off fairly unscathed. I've come to the realization that although I've assumed the New World Symphony by Dvorak to be one of my favourite pieces for quite some time now, I don't recall ever having heard the first, third, or fourth movements. This presented some especially fun times for people within the orchestra who'd played it 100 times... Thankfully I wasn't the only one getting crazy lost at times though. I'm sure it will help with some sort of bonding experience with the other players that got lost :S
- This morning I went to First Lobo Baptist for their community-oriented Sunday. Nothing really stood out too much; the people were fairly friendly in coming and saying hello, some people seemed to be "getting into the music" ok, the teaching was ok. I think it's fair to say that you have to visit a place more than once to get an accurate feel for it but so far, Lobo seemed ok...
- Last night Erin and I went to practise for a few hours which ended up being more like visiting with fellow students trying to practise... I so enjoy the community that exists with music students here.
- Tomorrow I meet with the Dean & the campus weekly news writers for an interview & photo shoot. The last one I did with the Gazette (posted below), I had a fairly good idea of what to say & how to say it. This one I'm feeling considerably less prepared for though as it is an *ultra* conservative newspaper and I imagine it will take much creativity to get this story presented as an explosive issue on campus or something of the like.
- Please pray that I would figure out what is causing all this stomache cramping business. I can no longer tell if my lack of appetite is a symptom, a cause, or an encouragement to what feels like the cramps you get after exerting waaaaaay too much energy on a hot summer's day. I really would like to have a normal eating schedule again.
- I bought my calculator for Finance and it cost 50 dollars!!! Isn't that crazy for a CALCULATOR?!?! I took a picture of the inch-high manual, but will post some other time; I'm too tired right now. The calc does do amortization and other fun things I didn't know machines could do though. It is also certified for use to write the CFA exams so if God wants me to quit music, I have a backup plan complete with the proper calculator. How's that for preparation?! :P
Ok, hopefully I can sleep my woes regarding my health away. 'til next time...
1 comment:
Hi Heather,
It occurred to me later that you probably didn't understand my email account of the "bare with me" and "bear with me" being because of this blog entry, it still makes me chuckle, I know you were tired and probably wondered what on earth I was talking about, never mind, it is just "punny" and Woodford's can't resist those you know...
Post a Comment