Wednesday, September 5, 2007

News Junkie

Many of you know I am a news junkie; I keep up with what's going on in the world more than the average Joe. Perhaps it stems from being subjected to bi-hourly news updates on CBC radio while growing up. Anyhow, in recent months, I have become increasingly interested in the Iraq & Afghanistan missions. The number of American service men and women that I know of seems to be steadily increasing, as well is the prominence of Christian news from the reason. When I was reading through Genesis -Deuteronomy earlier this summer, I also decided to search some of the place names with Wikipedia and see if any of them were still inhabited. Turns out a lot of them are in Iraq. Ur (Abraham's birthplace), for example, has been largely inaccessible to tourists for years because of an Iraqi Army base nearby.

Anyhow, I share all this because I found a nifty news feed today. Here is a recent article about what it's like to be a Christian in Iraq right now: http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=57416

In other news, my auditions went really well today. I sounded very confident despite my physical shakiness. I'm very thankful that this process is getting exceedingly easier every time. Next stop: Saturday's Stratford Civic Orchestra auditions.

Tonight I'll be staying up late with the likes of Will Graham (Billy Graham's grandson) at a youth outreach event. Should be tonnes of fun! Hope I'm not too tired after such an eventful day!

No comments: