Ephesians 5:11-16
Don't waste your time on useless work, mere busywork, the barren pursuits of darkness. Expose these things for the sham they are. It's a scandal when people waste their lives on things they must do in the darkness where no one will see. Rip the cover off those frauds and see how attractive they look in the light of Christ.
Wake up from your sleep,
Climb out of your coffins;
Christ will show you the light!
So watch your step. Use your head. Make the most of every chance you get. These are desperate times!
The notion of sacrificing what is good for what is better has been on my mind a lot. The enemy is smart and knows that blatantly tempting is so obvious, but luring with seemingly good distractions seems like a popular way for him to go. Tonight I had the option of going to the C4C Upper Year Party and resolving some issues with the staff or getting to build some RidgeView friendships some more by celebrating a girl's birthday. While the latter option seemed like the natural choice, upon praying about it, I really did not feel at ease to go. And now that I am just back from Jess's party, I am ever so glad that I did listen to my heart on this one. Nothing too special, or that provides a good story, happened at our little gathering, but I definitely had one of those God Moments when you're able to sit back and in the quietness know that He is there. Through my RidgeView adventures, I am becoming increasingly aware of how important it is to listen in order to build stronger relationships, especially with people I might not get the chance to run into often. It's also making me aware of how much more "in my head" I am than the general crowd... Cogito Ergo Sum (CO-gee-toe ER-go SOME... I think, therefore I am...).
Tomorrow I have the whole day off except for a Campus for Christ gathering in the evening. I'm not 100% sure what I will do with all this free non-work time, but it shall probably consist of doing laundry, travelling to the post office to pick up a parcel from my mom (yay Mom!), travelling further still to pick up some cork grease at the music store, practising for the Stratford audition on Saturday (still not 100% sure what to play, but probably 95%), & reading and responding to the long e-mails of the week.
In other exciting news, I'm going to be interviewed for the student newspaper on campus for the push for a proper performing space on campus. Yay lobbying and how easy it is yielding results. I have been thinking about how to best see this issue from a Christian perspective as of late. So far the best tidbits I have come up with are:
- it's drawing a lot of unlikely people together, and even more specifically, to me, allowing for new relationships & more sharing of Jesus' love
- it's going to attract more people the school and this school in particular has one of the largest Christian movements across Canada -- if you're going to have people go to a school, why not provide extra incentive for them to go to a school where Jesus' is abounding
- a drive like this builds community.
Any other thoughts floating out around there?
No comments:
Post a Comment