Ahh where to begin. This weekend has been a strange one for quite a few reasons:
1. Both Lucy-Ana & Erin are away so I have the whole place to myself.
2. I had no commitments for today [Saturday].
3. It is Homecoming & I am actually here for the first time. I don't think I have ever seen so many completely hammered people over such a long period of time; for over 24 hours now there's been a crowd of anywhere from 20-200 people hanging out infront of Jon Pilon's house (or in his yard, or on his roof smoking up for that matter...). I don't imagine he's there but it's still very strange to see.
4. I got an e-mail from David, whom I haven't heard from in almost 6 months. He's planning on coming back to school in January for those who're about to ask.
5. I went out for coffee/steamed milk with a guy I barely know and is two years younger than I am, on a whim. And noooo it wasn't a date. Still odd for me to do that.
6. I actually made *two* blanks into *two* good reeds in less than an hour. This has never happened before.
7. Despite having close to 300 pages of reading to do, I didn't even touch my books today...highly strange for me as usually the guilt would overcome my desires to have a clean apartment.
8. I listened to two sermons today by a Catholic friar. I am coming to the conclusion that there are so many un-informed conclusions that Protestants and Catholics have made about each other that unless we make an effort to understand where another person is coming from, we'll never be able to reach conclusions of Truth.
9. George Verwer (Operation Mobilization founder) and I are Facebook friends. He asks: "Boxers or briefs?"... how bizarre...
This has been quite an uncharacteristic weekend and it is only Saturday. Tomorrow I will be at RidgeView in the morning, should attack some of those 300 pages in the afternoon, and then head off to Stratford for our second last rehearsal. With me being busier that means all the strangeness will stop right? Guess you'll just have to wait and see!
No comments:
Post a Comment