I've known for quite some time now that sugar gives me headaches, but does it stop me from eating sugary delights? No. This becomes an especially large problem when potlucks or large meals out with people roll around. Between the McDonald's Coke (I know Andrew, it causes cancer) I had coming back from Stratford yesterday, the potluck desserts from last night, and the cookies I had at Duncan & Jessica's today, I have one whopper of a headache. The stresses of trying to plan out my time well are also not helping. Thankfully I have many understanding people in my life.
I am very thankful for my 'day of rest' today. God reminded me about how I am influencing others around me at school & how He is happy and pleased with my efforts. Not to say that some of them aren't futile, but still it is often an overlooked thing, at least for me, to remember that God is happy we call Him Lord & strive to share Him; He's not always the judgemental figure we often make Him out to be.
I think the best way for me to start this crazy week would be a nice big sleep, so I'm off to bed an hour early to aid in this endeavour. Ttyl!
2 comments:
Heather,
I hope your head is gone today. I am sure having a coke every now and then won't give you cancer = ) even if the Woodfords tend to tell you that... Sounds like you do react to sugar though. It is like having a hang over in some ways, at least it is with me, I have a hard time getting out of bed the next morning after a big sugar time. Hope your day went well other than the headache and that you have a great week sharing Jesus and being His living rep. on you campus. God bless in this.
P.S. Sorry Heather, I did not read what I wrote before I posted it. It is supposed to say, "I hope your head ache is gone today". Oh my, I really do NOT hope your head is gone... Sorry.
Post a Comment