Tuesday, September 11, 2007

What *is* business like?

This is a common question as most people know me first as a Christian, and then a musician, and then a business student. Here are a few random business-like moments of the day for you to enjoy:

  • When introducing myself in my Finance class, I announced that I was the token music major of the class, to which my professor asked, "Could you sing something for us?" You might think that this question is out of left field, but this happens quite a bit; apparently if you study music, the general population thinks that you have a great voice and could entertain them by singing...
  • The CICA's AcSOC oversees the AcSB's reports on GAAP -- this is taken from my textbook. Use short forms much anyone?! In the elongated form, this statement becomes, "The Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants' Accounting Standards Oversight Council oversees the Accounting Standards Board's reports on Generally Accepted Accounting Principles."
  • I have been reading about GAAP for approximately two hours, and am almost half way through the required readings for tomorrow's 9:30am class. It is currently 11:30pm.
  • My MOS 360 course textbook is written by two females. I think that this is a first. I have had texts that have female writers before, but never solely.

Ok, back to CICA fun times now.

No comments: