Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Blog time!!!

Yay I actually have time to provide a more lengthy update today.

Fun Finance Moment of the Day
So my finance prof is from the Middle East and speaks with a really strong accent that leaves me frequently misunderstanding/not understanding at all what he's said. Today was a prime, and hilarious example. He's often talking about his daughter and today I thought he said, "Do you know what my daughter said to me last night?" Seeing as we were talking about borrowing money, I put my hand up after no one had answered for quite a while to say, "Daddy, can I have some money?" THANKFULLY he did NOT see my hand because the answer was something totally unrelated and along the lines of, "6% + prime." I could have looked like *such* a dork if he had seen my hand. I am already embarrassed for even having come up with such an answer :P...

Today's Cool Person Award Goes to...
Aaron James!
There *should* be an article appearing in this Thursday's Western News. I went by David Bentley's (one of the BoG) office today to finally meet him in person but he was not there. I did discover, however, that UC has a whole nother section that I never knew existed because you can only access from the North stairwells. Fun times creeping around in the older buildings that don't make an enormous amount of architectural sense...
Journeys with my Microwave
As I was leaving to go grocery shopping on Sunday afternoon, Erin announced she was making yogurt, thus occupying the oven until 10pm. I know that using the microwave could possibly cause cancer (my ovaries!!! :P -- inside joke for Jordan), but alas, this new invention of microwavable pizza was on sale for very cheap so I thought I'd try it. Erin, needless to say, was so excited about this that we decided we should take a picture to commemorate the occasion:
Here's a fun picture of Erin with her yogurt (wrapped up in towels... in the oven):

We are just too cool for skool man.

Stravinsky Part-tay
Our L'Histoire chamber group, well most of it anyways, had a party in the Diva Lounge last night to watch a video of some one's animated interpretation of it. It's incredibly hard to describe what the visuals were like, but they were reminiscent of Wallace & Grommit combined with a '70s psychedelic music video.
After having the music for about a week now, pretty much everything is under my fingers minus one part in the Rag. I am feeling much more confident that this is doable and might even hazard to say that I feel fairly prepared for our first rehearsal on Thursday evening. I love it when pieces that look absolutely impossible become completely doable within a week.

This Better Pay Off...


How much would you pay for this? It looks like a regular calculator; no fancy pancy graphing functions although it does come with a manual thicker than most novels. Well friends and random readers, this beauty of a technology piece came to $51!!! The BA II Plus will do amortization calculations (I didn't even know you could do this on a calculator) & is approved for the CFA exam (hence the cost). 'Tis good to know that if this bassoon thang doesn't work out I have a calculator to fall back on.....

Ok, off to the wonderful world of accounting. Somehow for a class that takes around three-four hours of preparation before each lecture we've already got ahead of the schedule by a day. Oh joy. At least the textbook readings are fairly well done with frequent sentences printed in bold so you don't even have to bother to pull out your highlighter.

Cheers.

No comments: