Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Stuffed.

Well I'm still all stuffed up and coughing. No real movement on the whole getting better front, but I can't complain because Lenny's still recovering from his 30 km race, my mom is recovering from her third chemo treatment on Monday, and Len's stepdad Mark has been in the hospital since last night with some undiagnosed problem. When it rains it poors.

Speaking of weather, today we had snow?! What's up with that? You know what's strange -- telling people/students to have a good summer when it's snowing outside. I don't ever remember it snowing this late into spring, but maybe this head cold is fogging my memory.

Today was a pretty productive day. Aside from working two more hours at the store to help out with the sale, I also managed to make appointments to get my haircut, have my eyes checked, go to the massage therapist, and see a nutritionist about incorporating OAS into a healthy diet. I also did a bunch of cleaning and tidying and am feeling a whole lot more relaxed with less things on my to-do list. Tonight I finished marking all of the exams and assignments (minus one student's who's sending it later this week) for my class. Marking is quite a monotonous chore and I'm SO glad that I don't have to do it for a while, or maybe if I find a really well paying job, ever again!

As for the job interview today, it turned out to be for College Pro Painters. Not my cup of tea. The advertisement was pretty dubious because it really sounded like the company (not listed as College Pro Painters) was looking for a regional manager. Ah well. I made myself feel better by applying to one HR job and a retail position with a really cool furniture company that's opening in London soon -- Struc-tube. This brings me past the 20 resumes mark. Only about 180 more to go until I hit the average number of applications it takes for someone with my business degree to get a job in this economy! At least it's getting a little easier to copy and paste a "management resume" versus a "retail resume" versus an "HR resume."

On a quick side note, I was really excited and happy to learn that my cover letter/resume critiquing was able to assist in Len's brother Zac getting an interview for his dream job with a famous gardener. Zac really did most of the work in terms of content and stuff, but it's still nice to have played a part in it. Hopefully it works out for me sometime soon.

Tomorrow's a busy day with some work, my last class ever, and a birthday dinner with Tamara and friends. Lenny and I are also planning on visiting the local CAA store to get our International Drivers Permit which apparently only involves giving them $15 and two passport photos.

Time for sleepy sleepy. See you tomorrow and best wishes to all of those people feeling under the weather right now!

No comments: