Today Lenny and I spent a lot of time out and about checking out some places we've never been in town and spending some moola. We started off at the Western Fair Grounds farmer's market where we bought Lenny some coffee, an amazing butter tart for moi, and then two scrumptious hot-out-of-the-oven apple fritters (with an entire slice of apple inside it!) that didn't even make it to the car.
After our adventures at the market, we headed over to the Forest City Army Surplus store in search of some camouflage tape to hide some geocaches with. We didn't have any luck finding the tape but did come across some great deals on things you'd never know where to purchase in London - like a megaphone, or 1000s of cases of army rations. The Surplus store was attached to another market, the Gibraltar Market, so we checked that out too. This market wasn't really terribly much to write home about but we did find the perfect pick-me-up gift for Mark, who is feeling better now by the way.
After our adventures at Market #2, we headed downtown to Novack's - an independent travel store that's a London landmark. Lenny wanted to go because they were having their annual spring shoe sale and we sure made use of it: we walked away with 3 (!?) new pairs of shoes. I bought my first ever pair of Vibram Five Fingers (like a glove for your foot), Lenny bought his 2nd as well as a pair of trail running shoes. I didn't take the Vibram Five Fingers off all day because, as it turns out, they are a-w-e-s-o-m-e. It's kind of like a little massage for your toes and feet the whole day through. I was initially concerned about the amount of protection they provide the bottom of your foot but they're actually a lot better than a lot of the ballet flats I own so hazzah! New favourite shoes for me!
We continued our epic shopping adventure with a trip to the mall where we picked Lenny up two new pairs of shorts (that don't fall to his knees! Bonus!) as well as three new shirts. He's lost so much weight since we met two years ago but unfortunately for him, this means a lot of new clothes buying. We did manage to take advantage of the Bay Day and Sears deals though so all in all not too much damage to our credit cards. As a side note, it's still Really awkward to see my university friend Maxim as the new Calvin Klein underwear and general clothes model for Sears. So strange. I wonder if he finds it strange to see himself in fliers at his house too? Will have to ask the next time we run into each other.
After the epic shopping day we came home and I started my epic cramming adventure. My last difficult exam is tomorrow morning at 10:00 and my lack of motivation to study for it has carried over right into the very last minutes. The final is only worth 25%, which in comparison to other courses is not much, but the professor hasn't told me what I've got with 50% of my final grades worth of assignments so I don't really know how important it is that I do well on this exam. This course has a lot of memorization so we'll see how my brain holds down all these little anecdotes I've made to remember lists of things. At least I feel quite confident about the general concepts.
Well that's it for tonight. Tomorrow afternoon we'll have to find some way of celebrating the end of this horrid course. We'll also work a bit on the trip to Italy and I'm sure I'll go to town on some spring cleaning projects as well. Hopefully some sun will shine too!
No comments:
Post a Comment