Saturday, April 2, 2011

The last day of March

To celebrate the last day of March, I post oodles of pictures for your enjoyment.

The first of the orchids that Lenny's mom gave me for my recital last week. They're still doing really well and are super pretty. I love 'em.Next is the cheesecake I made for Lenny's birthday. It was supposed to be an Oreo cheesecake but when I went to make it I forgot that I only had graham cracker crust instead of Oreo. Ah well, the cherry cheesecake was Delicious (and huge... probably going to take some back home for Zach to eat ;) )
The next pic is of the 36 cupcakes I made for my last Human Resources Planning class (and last class presentation EVER!). We did a presentation on a company called Greenwood whose colours were purple. Anyhoo the cupcakes turned out super well and I ended up with an 85 on the presentation. This means even if I score a 50 on the exam I end up with a 75 in the course. I'm not planning on that but the security is nice :)
After the presentation I headed down to the Grad Club where Lenny's lab mate Vanessa was celebrating the successful defense of her MSc thesis earlier that day. Here's a pic of her and her/Lenny's supervisor Savita. As a side note, the thing Vanessa is drinking from is the GC's "Goblet of Knowledge", reserved for special occasions such as this.
My cardigan is coming along really well. Here's a picture of the nearly complete back of it. I've made it a few inches longer than the pattern called for because a lot of the pictures I've seen of people that have made it on Ravelry really looked like they could've used a few more inches on the bottom. We'll see if I run out of yarn because of this decision, but I'm optimistic.
A pic of my first armhole in progress!
The last two pics are of our new couch which has yet to be introduced to the blog. Here's a "before I cleaned the living room pic" of the couch:
And here's an "after" including two new throw pillows courtesy of a sale bin at Sears and some money leftover on a gift card my mom sent a few months ago. Two pillows for $15 out of pocket = not bad!

Well that's it. I've got one more essay that's due tomorrow and then I'm basically free until exams. Huzzah! First we travel to Toronto for Lenny's birthday celebrations though. Yippee! My FAVOURITE (actually! Family, food, doggies, what's not to LOVE!?!!) :)

No comments: