So still no consistent internet connection allowing for an upload of pictures... Perhaps while I'm home all day tomorrow I'll try again a few times.
Today I went to the optomitrist in the morning. Nothing too exciting to report other than that I got to have my pupils dilated for the first time -- an interesting experience if you've never had it done. I also learned that the quality of the antiglare coating on your glasses can strongly affect your ability to see at night. Turns out my inexpensive Hakim optical ones are some of the worst offenders but I'm relieved to know that it's not me! One other thing I learned is that for me to get laser eye surgery, I will be looking at $4000 and not the $1000 I had kind of guessed at. I'm not looking at doing it anytime soon, but it's good to know.
Today I also did an epic amount of spring cleaning. I dusted all of the bookcases in the kitchen and one in the living room, cleaned out half the cupboards, and amassed quite the pile of stuff to give away or sell. I l-o-v-e the organizing kind of cleaning and spending so much time doing this has definitely fed my soul which is still suffering from this terrible cold.
This evening Lenny and I hid our first ever geocaches. We put one under the bridge in Springbank Park and two more in the park behind the Kinsmen arena. We ran into our landlord and her kids on the way to hide them and now they're excited to go for a little walk to find them. They donated some toys that are too small for them to play with (ages 3 1/2 and 1 1/2) to add to containers. We're excited to watch and see who else finds them!
Well I've pooped myself out today. Time for sleepy!
No comments:
Post a Comment