Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Cheer

The past few years I've been enjoying the Christmas season a lot more than I used to. I blame Lenny. He just makes me so cheery! :P

I don't think I posted a picture of this yet, but this is in our dining area. It's mainly to show my mom that I did infact find a great place for the sparkly trebble clef decoration that she got me last year.

Christmas shopping this year has gone amazingly smoothly this year. As you can see by the tree below, having a small tree makes the prezzies look so much bigger! We only have about three people left to buy for amazingly. Go team planning!


Side note: do you know how difficult it is to find a star tree-topper?!? I've been looking for a long time but they all seem so tacky. I think I'll try making one or I'll buy one of the $30 ones from Wal-Mart (ahhh!) once it goes on sale after the holidays. I'm looking for gold if anyone has any suggestions.

This next picture may be a bit awkward, but it showcases our new winter hand towels (featured in an earlier post). It also shows our new soap pump. I know most of you probably will think this is silly, but I'm SO proud of this purchase. I've honestly been looking for an inexpensive one for probably over a year. The trick has been trying to find one that's inexpensive, can fit on our tiny sink ledge, and isn't too girly. Finally this past weekend at The Bay, I found this one in the clearance section for $7! Inexpensive - check! Fits our sink ledge - check! Stainless steel - not too girly - check! Now let's hope that the "steel" doesn't corrode or that the top breaks anytime soon.
Since nearly everyone that we've bought presents for knows about the blog, I'm just going to post up two pictures of things that we got for our Awesome landlord.

The first is for the kids, aged 1 and 3: A Diego book that has a camera clicky thing in the spine. I'm sure they'll love it as the clicking was quite addictive, at least it was for me in the store. I really wasn't too impressed with the Christmas selection but hopefully they'll love and get more use out of this one anyways.
This is for the mum: The Eat-Clean Diet cookbook. Don't get turned off by the "diet" part... it's actually an awesome cookbook for any person. Our landlord is a vegetarian and some of our best vegetarian meals have come from Tosca Reno (who we met randomly in TO once). Anyhoo, definitely worth a check if you're shopping for someone that likes to cook this holiday.
That's it for now. More prezzie picks after Christmas!

No comments: