
The panettone we got has apricots and chocolate baked into it. I'm looking SO forward to having some very soon.
Visibility wasn't the greatest because of snow between Toronto and Kingston, however, it was a lot better than last year and a lot better than London. Here's a picture of us heading into who knows where because you can't really see any signs!
On Sunday night a choir my mom sings in was giving a concert at a nursing home and Lenny and I decided to come along with the bassoon in hand. I love my mom and I think this is actually one of the better more recent pictures of the two of us.
It's always really nice to see music performed by people that absolutely love what they're doing at that moment. You don't get to see that all the time at the university or on the professional stage, so it was a really nice moment to have. I'm also so grateful for Lenny's support. He didn't have to come out to the middle of nowhere to support us but he did and I'm so grateful :)
Moving onto yesterday, we had a bit of a more relaxed day. In the morning Len & I went out for a run with Starsky, possibly the world's worst running partner at times, and got a lot of energy out on the slippery sidewalks. Lenny managed to survive wearing his Vibrams which was kind of amazing considering the temperature.
After recovering from the run, we headed out with my sister Erin to Starbucks (YES!), visit her new boyfriend Chuck, went to a shop downtown, and finally visited her old workplace to pick up some groceries for dinner. We helped make a roast beef with veggies and I made a double recipe of the Flourless Chocolate Snow Mountains featured in an earlier post. We finished off the evening by watching on of my favourite Christmas movies, Elf.
Today I'm hoping to set up my new Garmin Forerunner watch, do some reading, eat some delicious left overs, and then head out to Upper Canada Village for their Alight at Night celebrations. I have good memories of going their in the summer as a kid so hopefully going there at night in the winter will be just as fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment