I'm excited that we'll be hosting Lenny's family dog once we get back. Dakota is a pug mix and about as obiedient and cute as can be.

I've spent the evening doggie proofing the house, which largely translates to taking down Christmas decorations. I'm fairly confident that Dakota won't get into too much trouble, but best to be safe rather than sorry. I've always been a big believer in trying to clean up as much as possible before leaving for vacations so coming back isn't as stressful.
Last night we baked our final component of our cookie containers, Chocolate Peppermint Whoopie Pies. Our landlord had her kids pick out this gift package mix, complete with a really nice winter display plate. This place is truly the best. Anyhoo, on with some cookie making pictures:
Len and I baked them together and surprisingly didn't kill each other in the process! Can you guess who did the left and right baking sheets?
This next picture is pretty dark, but check out just how many presents result when we purchase gifts for all of our immediate family members:
The tree and tv look so small in this picture, but I can ensure you that they really are not! Putting these gifts into large reusable grocery bags was quite satisfying though; wrapping presents is one of my favourites... as proof, here's a picture of Lenny with one of the final cookie boxes before we took it to give to his Little Brother (of Big Brothers Big Sisters) tonight:
No comments:
Post a Comment