Saturday, December 11, 2010

Snowmageddon!!!

You'll have to forgive me for the lack of blogging. 'Tis exam period and I'm procrastinating a little less than usual. Ha! Guess those three days off for the snowstorm really did work their magic. Right now I'm working on Human Resources Management. A real hum-dinger. Anyhoo all of this will be over at about 8pm on Monday so only a little bit longer to go. Since I've finally figured out how to do time-delayed posts, you'll actually be entertained every 12-6 hours with a new post that I've writen today during my prime procrastination hour. How's that for technology?

This post is dedicated to finishing the Snowmageddon series of pictures that will give you a better idea of how much snow we have here.

Here's a picture of our street... pretty snow-laden. The snow plows have been by once so there's a solid base of snow all over. It's quite pretty actually.

Buried cars. They're everywhere if you can spot them! Digging them out is a real joy...

The main roads are very clear as you can tell by this picture. The crews have done a great job salting them so there's no "Car like skiis!" moments once you get to a main road.

Here's a familiar site for some, the University gates. Gives you some perspective how high some of the banks are if you want to walk anywhere...

The side of the Loblaws with huge icicles; a common occurrence nowadays. The shopping cart is almost completely burried. On a side note, I never realized how difficult it was to push a shopping cart through slush...

The Running Room with uber snow banks beside it. A bit blurry because I took it while Len was driving.

Bertoldi's. A Fantastic Italian eatery in London. Also with snow up PAST the windows. Yay snow squalls. 40 km/hr winds are London's favourite right now...

This is near Bertoldi's. Gives you an idea of what you're up against if a) you want to wait for a bus or b) actually pay for parking or c) determine if you can park in the area.

More icicles. These are on our neighbour's house who evidently has large problems with insulation/soffets (sp?)/ roughing. Mike Holmes could make so much money here right now.
Snow banks on a house on our street. It's not uncommon to see people not shovelling their front walks in which case the snow is half-way up their front door.

Our street as of this morning. Garbage & recycling day! Kudos to those workers who had to lift soooo many containers over

I'll end with an awesome video that someone made to commemorate the occassion. I don't know the person that did the editing, but they did a great job; it's quite entertaining. Enjoy!

No comments: