Saturday, December 4, 2010

Party & Crafty Hour

I'm waiting for the camera battery to recharge so I can post some pictures but thought I might as well get a head start on recapping recent events.

The Christmas party last night was a bunch of fun. Lenny was so organized that the evening went off without a hitch. Everyone seemed very happy with the food, music, decor, and prizes. I took a lot of pictures of people all dressed up to the nines, and will post them later so you can put some names to faces of people I talk about sometimes.

This year marked 2/2 in Lawson Holiday Parties attended where Lenny or I won a door prize :) This year we got a gift certificate to a hair salon in town. wOOt! Ever since I started letting my hair grow, I only get it cut once a season. I haven't done this yet for winter and what a better time than before I go home to see my family.

This morning we went to the London Christmas Craft Show. This is normally my most favourite things to do around Christmas but it was actually a little disappointing this year. So many of the vendors just had the same stuff as last year or very similar things to items I've seen at other places this year. I did purchase some Mennonite cookies (yum!), a nice faux-pearl necklace with earings to match, some pepperettes, and some kitty kat nip balls for my sister Paula's cat Fergie. Ferg loved them last year so much so we definitely had to pick some up again for this year.

This afternoon I made a wreath the way my mom and sisters used to make them growing up. Fun times were had driving literally all over the city trying to find a cedar tree for the wreath. Luckily I found some at a nearby apartment building and broke a bunch off with my bare hands before the building manager saw/figured out what I was doing. The project turned out really well and I'm really happy with the end product... pictures to follow.

Poor Lenny is still sick / sick again. This lung disease is so tough to beat! At least I get a bit of solo tv time while he has some more naps. Poor guy.

No comments: