Monday, December 6, 2010

Lawson Holiday Party

This past Friday marked the Lawson Health Research Institute's annual holiday party that Lenny was organizing along with the two other co-presidents. It was held at the Delta London Armouries and went off without a hitch. Everyone really had a good time and went home more happy than they came. Here are a few pictures to showcase the amount of organizing Lenny put into this event.

This is a photo of the door prizes. There were probably over 50 prizes to favourite restaurants, salons, and stores in and around London. It was so great to see that so many businesses were willing to support the researchers. They truly do amazing stuff and I'm always blown away by the discoveries that they're making. Sometime I'll have to have Lenny do a post on some of the latest breaking research being done only a few kilometres from our home.


This is a picture of half of the hall to give you an idea how big the event was. 170 guests. Probably bigger than our wedding will be, though, given the sizes of our extended families, maybe not.

These were the simple yet beautiful centerpieces: silver "trees", a lantern filled with red ornaments, two tea lights, and a seating sign holder.

Me and the man o dee hour. I really like his outfit here -- some excellent deals scored at Mexx! I also managed to snag a good deal on my dress -- a Ralph Lauren deep V from the Bay for $100 (regularly $300). It's always tricky to find a nice dress in my size so this was super exciting.

This is my favourite picture of the night. I entitle it "Yarrrrr!" I'm not sure what possessed Lenny to blink with only one eye but it looks so funny :)

This picture is of all the LAFS (the students' council of Lawson): Lenny, Valeria (another Italian), and Matt.

This last picture is one of Lenny's lab (remember you can click to enlarge). From left to right is Tumelo, Savita (his advisor), Lenny, Becky (the lab tech), Shirley, Vanessa, and myself. The picture was supposed to have all the significant others but somehow I ended up being the only one there... ah well.
So there you have it, Holiday party 2010. Congratulations on a wonderful event Lenny - I'm SO proud of you! It's so wonderful to have someone who is so organized, outgoing, smrt and enjoys throwing events as much as I do. Now go enjoy your new tv :)

No comments: