
My friend Sonja has released a double Christmas album that is just Great. There are 32 tracks in total with a variety of musical types mainly of the either traditional or jazz genres.
Sonja and I met in my first year of university and became friends because her mother had been recently diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, a disease my family is quite familiar with. She also grew up with two music teachers for parents, albeit they both taught at the university-level. In second year we worked through the glorious theory courses required and then in my third year I had the pleasure of working with her in the UWOpera's productions of Amahl and the Night Visitors & The Merry Widow, I as a lowly stage manager and her appropriately as one of the stars. We've reconnected lately through work for the MS Society Chapter in London. Her now husband is also in a very similar field to Lenny's. She also has the Cutest little baby in town (hard to tell from looking at her though eh?!). A beautiful person inside and out.
Some of you may recognize her from TV as well: she was the runner up in a reality show called Bathroom Divas on Bravo (their highest rated show ever!). The show takes people who want to be opera stars but have little to no training and put them through opera bootcamp. I can't seem to find episode one, but here's a link to episode two if you have some time to kill.
Here's a pic of Sonja at the CD release party (we had Great seats!) at Maggie's Jazz and Supper Club. Side note: Maggie's needs to update their menu. While they always have good food, I don't think I've seen many changes to the menu in the past five or so years I've been going. Anyhoo, Sonja looks fantastic as always. I still can't believe she's close to 15 years older than me and has a kid; you'd Never know. What a lucky gal.
Here's a pic of Len doing what he does best at concerts: checking things out on his phone. Just kidding... He is really good at socializing with all us music peeps and he does really enjoy 99% of the concerts I take him to. Gotsta pick carefully :)
Anyhoo, that's probably enough about Sonja for now. Hope you take a bit of time to check out her talents either on her website or on youtube!
No comments:
Post a Comment