Well I officially start a new job tomorrow, so today was my last day of freedom until, um, Friday for Canada Day!
Speaking of Canada Day, check out these cute fireworks I made with bubble containers for the little boys (aged 1 and 3) that live in the front half of our duplex:
The boys really like bubbles and I saw this cute craft for a 4th of July celebration while I was stumbling on the internet today. I really do need to get back to some regular work just so I'll stop doing these time-killer crafts; you should see much progress I've been making with my knitting projects!
Speaking of crafts, I added to our "Wall of Arrogance" today with one of those vinyl decals you can get. This one appropriately says "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." Lenny will be writing his thesis in here and we also keep our race bibs in this room too so it's appropriate on multiple fronts. The decal wasn't very difficult to put up and was fairly easy to center and everything too.
I also came up with something to do with the tassels from the graduation hats: attach them to our frames of our grad photos. I'm not sure where Lenny's is but I was able to find my 2008 one to add to my 2011 grad print as well.
The final quasi-interesting story of the day is that my nail polish fell off two of my toes. I only had them done on Monday so I was happy that the salon retouched them for free. I guess if they don't clean all the lotion off of them the polish won't stick, but I've never had this happen before. 'Twas an interesting and odd discovery this morning.
Well that's it for excitement today. This evening I installed a new door knob offered to us by our landlord. She offered to put it on for us, but I figured it'd be something to entertain me while Lenny's at the gym tonight. It was really easy despite some terrible hand-drawn diagrams to accompany the instructions. Ah well -- another thing I can add to my list of home skillz!
No comments:
Post a Comment