Monday, July 4, 2011

Canada Day Weekend Adventures


This past weekend Lenny and I did a whirlwind tour of the Toronto area with his family this weekend to celebrate our freedoms.

First was a stop off at Lenny's Godparent's daughter's graduation party. Antoinette is the first of this family to graduate from university so a lot of people were there to celebrate and enjoy the delicious food, including these fine desserts:


The bakery that made many of the desserts we enjoyed (in Etobicoke):

One of three plates of cannolis. Nom nom nom!

This is sadly the best pic I have of some of the younger people that were celebrating. Antoinette is there on the left, followed by Rosemary (Dominic's girlfriend), Dominic (Antoinette's brother), and Lenny's brother Zac.

On Saturday we headed to the Mosport International Speedway to see Lenny's stepsister Meg's boyfriend John race. It was actually pretty neat and I enjoyed the outdoors a lot more than I thought I would! Here's a pic of John's spiffed up car:

I like this pic of Lenny enjoying watching the warm-up rounds.

Here's a close-up of the car; a souped up BMW:

This is a $500,000 car that Len spotted across from where we were sitting most of the day. It wasn't racing but it sure did attract a lot of attention and curious onlookers:

Mark (Lenny's stepdad) showcases the superb Jimmy Johnson (a NASCAR driver) #48 burger flipper that Lenny and I bought him earlier this year. This was the first time it was used, and as you can tell, Mark was pretty happy about it:

John had a few sets of tires and it was great to see the car lifted up, the tires exchanged, and then let back down again. Here's Mark going to town on the front tire:

The two actual races of the day were just over 30 minutes long and encouraged the use of chairs. From front to back is Mark, Vanessa (Zac's girlfriend), Meg, and Zac:

A pic of John rounding one of the curves.

Silvana (Lenny's mom) and Dakota had the "coolest" seats in the area:

Dakota LOVED this day and it was wonderful to see a happy doggy waving her tail all around for hours. :)

I don't have any pictures of it, but we also had a dinner with Lenny's best friend Marcel and a lunch with my sister Paula.

My new (temporary, 4-mth) job is going well but I've been collating so many documents that my patience level is quite thin. For that reason, I'm going to end things for this post here! :)

No comments: