Saturday, June 4, 2011

Back to Canada

We've arrived back in Canada! Our flight yesterday got in an hour early thanks to friendly winds! I've never experienced that before, but was very grateful for "only" a 9-hour flight instead of the scheduled 10!

The past week with Lenny's family were amazing. I don't think either of us realized how welcomed and loved we could feel by his dad's family especially since Lenny hadn't seen them in 5 years, and I'd never met them. We had some amazing amazing family meals, some equally delicious evenings out for gelato, and had all sorts of really great activities planned for us. We did a day trip to Bergamo (about 1 1/2 hrs away from where his grandparents live), a day trip to Venice, and had a scheduled day trip to an island on Lago d'Iseo but were rained out. You can check out this link to see a map of the small area we were staying in.

I'm sure once things get a little bit more back to normal I'll be in more of a writing mood, but for now, rest assured that we are back safe and sound and indeed had a Wonderful trip!

No comments: