Thursday, June 23, 2011

Grad Gifts

Since all we did in Italy for 2-3 weeks was eat out, when my mom offered to pay for a fancy dinner out to celebrate my graduation, I opted to instead purchase some things for the house that I've been wanting instead (with her blessing of course!). Here's what I came up with today:

Now that we're having espresso every morning, I really wanted a sugar & milk holder set. Today I came across this really neat one from HomeSense. Awesome! It also has a butter holder to match; something else our house was lacking.

A close-up the sugar dish. It even comes with a matching spoon -- how cute!

Zee butter dish.

And zee milk dish.


Next up is some measuring spoons with engraved labels (the printed ones have warn off my current 5-yr old set and God only knows what's supposed to be on there). There's also a pizza cutter that has a blade that doesn't bend from side-to-side like our current one. And finally some decorative words to put above the degree's wall / wall of arrogance. It says "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." It's also applicable for our collection of race bibs and medals that are on a wall in the same room.

And finally, I found this multi picture frame at Walmart for only $14! It inspired me to go through one of my three photo albums, sort all the pictures, and pic some for display. The two black and white photos still need to be swapped out with some of Lenny, but the other ones include one of Lenny and his best friend Marcel at a winery (lower left); me on top of a mountain in Jasper, AB (second from left); the 1000 Islands (3rd from left); the Statue of Liberty (bottom right); Lenny & I in Venice (2nd in top row); and me in grade 3 (top right).
Still in the same sort of realm, these are the flowers that Lenny got me for my graduation. They're still doing really well and the rose has really opened up to reveal a lot of layers. I love flowers :)

No comments: