Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Back to London Recap

I haven't really posted much about our happenings since we got back to London, and seeing as this Stanley Cup game is about the most depressing thing going right now, it seems like an ideal time to think of happier things!

Lenny's been slowly getting back into the swing of things with his research. So far he has not had any contamination in his cells (yay!) and everything has been going according to plan. He was able to find someone that will help co-organize the students' association this year and that's a big relief for him. He has also been able to move cubicles within his office to one with a coveted filing cabinet and is closer to the air conditioner.

I have been applying to a lot of jobs since I got back, probably averaging something like 5 a day. I haven't had any call backs, but am doing a fairly good job at remaining optimistic and just trying to enjoy the free time while I have it. I've done a bit of baking (chocolate chip cookies), a lot of espresso brewing (although the last two times I've made it, the machine has boiled over all into the burners on the stove...), and a fair amount of exercising. Thanks to convocation, there's been a bit of work for me pretty much everyday for at least two hours at the store. Today I was able to meet up with my old professor who I worked with for 6/7 years at university. We're hoping to get together for dinner or coffee sometime in the next two days, but we'll see how his busy schedule works out.

My mom is doing well for those of you that like to be able to see updates without having to ask. She has finished all of the chemotherapy (go mama!) and is now awaiting news as to whether or not surgery or radiation is next. I'm really excited for her that she was able to make it through without too many complications or infections and am looking forward to seeing her sometime soon. Her birthday is at the end of June and providing I don't have a job, I think I'll try to head down there for a little bit either then or the beginning of July. We'll see how things go.

I think that's pretty much it for news. I'll leave you all with this picture of a lovely sink hole at a major intersection that is currently making our commutes to pretty much anywhere a lot more frustrating:

It's just a little hole...

No comments: