Sunday, October 23, 2011

More adventures with Sally

Sally did really well in her crate last night. There was some whimpering at first, but after checking on her and petting her assuredly back to sleep, she was knocked out like a champ. 

I'm really grateful that she's taking to both Lenny and I, as Lenny's a little less affectionate than me when it comes to dogs (no way, eh?!). Here are my two bestest budds yesterday afternoon:

A closeup of Ms. Cuteness's new pink collar from PetSmart:

Behaviourly she is doing really well. She's only chewed on one thing she's not supposed to chew on so far and that was Lenny's iPod headphones he had on his laptop. The good news with those though is that she gave it up right away and now Lenny will be a little more strategic about leaving his iPod around. :)

One thing we haven't really bothered to discipline her for yet is getting up on the window sills. Once we install the plastic seals for winter though, this will be something we'll tackle. For now though we think it's more important that she get to know her surroundings, including the dog that parades behind the fence in this pic:

This type of stance at the window is a little more troublesome...

This morning I took her out for a little 4-km walk/jog along the Thames River and boy does she like chasing ducks and geese! Small birds and squirrels aren't as interesting but still warranted a few tugs from her. She is quite well leash trained though and I would say there was slack in the leash about 70% of the time... not too bad for her first run with me.

As we were getting back we saw Lenny heading out the door for his 5-km run, so he decided to take her along with him too. Here's how that turned out:

:) cuteness. She's pretty tuckered out and has now been napping and not really terribly interested in much else since 11:30 (now 2). I don't think this was too much exercise to injure her or anything, but my goodness she certainly is tamed down from the 7 am hyperness! :)

There's not too much else going on here today. I've been applying to a few more off-campus jobs, have spent some time preparing for an Oct 29 MS Society fundraiser I'm now organizing (as of Friday), and am on the third load of laundry... I'm a bit behind on that... 

To end things off, I'll post some pics of the geckos Lenny inherited from his step-half sister Meg last weekend as I haven't introduced them to the blog yet! They are a male and female Leopard Gecko and he has named them Lily and Marshall. Marshall is a bit sick at the moment so Lenny's been force feeding him back to health, but so far so good!

The terrarium complete with a warming pad; rock on the left side, two food dishes and a water tray. One gecko (Lily I think) is inside the rock in this pic; Marshall is on the left at the front of the tank.

Marshall (I think):

Not quite as cute as Sally if you ask me...

1 comment:

Tamara said...

So happy for you guys! Sally is absolutely adorable! Can't wait to meet her.