Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Moldy and Sally

Today Lenny and I (ok, well mostly Lenny; I held a garbage bag) tackled some of the wettest and moldiest drywall you ever did see. We have been having a leaky tub/shower diverter for a while but it's really taken on a whole new level in the last week with more and more water seeping from the ceiling. I'll save you all from pictures of the mold, but here's a pretty awesome one of Lenny in an n65 mask, nitrile gloves, and some very soapy gloves to dispose of some "mould wands" the were growing on the tile floor!


On to happier and more pleasant things!

I'm happy to report that Sally will be ours as of Saturday morning at 9 am. OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH! I'm very excited! Oh, and so is Lenny :P

Shopping for things has been tricky as we've been trying to control our expenses better for the last month. In any case, I've managed to pick up some really cute things for cheap while quietly walking away from those cute sauce canisters for dog treats at Home Sense. Check out our $4 water dish contraption (complete with tray), $30 crate (thank you Kijiji), and other items purchased mostly from the dollar store:

I really like the rhinestone dog collar I found at the dollar store. I'm not sure of it's quality, or if everyone will think she's a boy because of the blue, but it'll do the trick for a little while at least :)

Her foster mom says that Sally really likes to chew things, so I've stocked up on a kong, squeaky bone, 2 Busy Bones, and some Milk Bones. Sally also really likes the ball where the treats roll out, so I picked up one of those today too! On a side note, the Cesar Milan product sale at Canadian Tire isn't exactly a sale and not worth your while to check out...

The striped blanket is a nice one I've had for a while but honestly, I have over a dozen fleece blankets... People must think I'm cold all the time or something?!?! :P  I'm happy that at least two of them will be in more regular use than sitting in the linen closet -- one for the crate, and one for the car.

Well that's it for now, hopefully I'll have some more fun stories and pictures tomorrow, but probably not until Saturday evening.

No comments: