Today the ever-awesome and beautiful Jodi came to visit and surprise, Sally Loved her! Sally was timid at first, as per the norm, but it didn't take her too long to swap to the opposite side. She's been pretty timid of strangers, but did really well with the introduction type of "no touch. no talk. no eye contact." until Sally had sniffed to her heart's content and relaxed. Here's a pic of them enjoying each other's company.
Another success of today happened just a few minutes ago when I took her out to what we're designating as her "pee spot" and Actually went pee! This was the first of the Five times I've taken her there today that anything actually happened, but I was so excited for her. Lots of praise!
Sally is also doing pretty well with the sit command, something we've been practicing regularly with food. Stay is still dicey, at best, but I'm pretty happy with sit at the moment. It's particularly helpful when I'm putting her leash on her :)
Some setbacks are unfortunately related to squirrels, and separation anxiety from me only. On my run with her this morning she was pulling a lot more than normal, especially with any squirrels. It was pretty exhausting for me to keep correcting her. Perhaps we'll spend a bit more time running down some busy roads or something. As for the separation anxiety, she seems to go into a bit of a frenzy whenever I leave. Lenny's been doing some reading so we're going to try to make my exits more low-key, and have me leave the house for a bunch of short intervals to see if that helps. Hopefully this is just a phase as she adjusts to a new home because I don't think Lenny will want to clean up much more pee pee off the floors.
In other news, tomorrow I'll be working up a storm at the clothing store as the university celebrates autumn convocation. It'll be nice to have a mental break from the job hunting process as I think I've done two interviews and 12 job applications in the past 3 days.
Off to knitting now! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment