Thursday, November 1, 2007

Not impressed.

I got my Finance midterm back and let's just say the mark isn't too hot. I am hoping to more than make up for it with the final exam but alas I just looked up my exam schedule and lo-and-behold my Finance final is on the first day of exams! This means not a lot of time with no business of classes & rehearsals for which to study with. Here's hoping that my performance jury (still TBA) falls on that day and I can petition to move my finance exam. Arg. God help me.

Sarcastic lucky me too that my accounting final is a mere 69 hours after the finance exam. Oh joy. This sucks.

The word seems to be out that I'm looking for an internship as I've had quite a few contacts thrown my way today. The San Francisco Opera is looking like a possibility although a) it's way far away from home (wherever home is...) b) finances could be interesting as the cost of living is significantly higher & I'd need a work visa c) I really do not deal so well with hot weather d) it's far away (I know this is the same as (a) but I have great anxiety about moving away from good ol' Londontown). At my summer program this past summer, I did meet one of the bassoonists from the L.A. area and he suggested I consider it which is news to me as most people highly suggest that you stick with the Eastern US and perhaps the mid-West. So many opportunities, so little time to find the 'best' decision.

This weekend is going to be a lonely weekend so anticipate longer blogs; Lucy's going home to teach as per normal, Erin is at the American Musicological Society conference in Quebec City, & almost anyone else left in the music faculty has gone up to the Ontario Music Educators' Association conference in Bracebridge. I'm planning to spend a significant chunk of my time in front of my finance and accounting textbooks (accounting test coming up on Friday :-S). Here's to trying to force more information into your brain that it just doesn't want!

No comments: