Monday, November 26, 2007

No naturalistic fallacy here

Well I survived yet another crazy day. I am extremely thankful though that I have no UWOSO or Wind Ensemble Rehearsals this week (= 8 more free hours!) although I do have a performance with Symphony Hamilton this Friday & Sunday... It should be a pretty neat concert if you're in the area. The vocal soloist has one of the *hugest* voices I've ever heard live; tres cool. If you've ever wanted to support my musical endeavours but aren't really keen on classical music, this would be a good concert as it is all Christmas music!

Tonight I went to hear the McMillan studio recital. It donned on me today (as I was falling asleep taking a nap on the practice room floor.....) that with so many of my friends graduating this year, these studio recitals are possibly the last time I will hear many of them perform. One of the classmates I heard tonight was Dave Keyes (who actually is victory lapping with me but whatever...). It was really neat to hear just how much his voice has come along since the last time I heard him.

I did my recording session for the London Music Scholarship Foundation today. It went soooooooo smoothly I couldn't have asked for much better. Rudin (my accompanist) and I did two takes of each of the two movements I had prepared and were quite satisfied with what we got and so called it an early night. Yippee! The LMSF, for those of you that don't know, is a 3-round scholarship competition. The first round requires recording 10min of music onto CD for judging. If they like what you've done, you become one of the ten (ish) lucky people to advance to round 2, held sometime in the spring, where you perform 10min of another piece of music. Then if you make it to lucky round 3, you're guaranteed at least $1000, but can win upwards of $4000 depending on how well you place. The competition for it is quite vast in that it is open to any returning student at Western so time shall tell how this all works out.

Ok bedtime for bonzo.

No comments: