Friday, November 23, 2007

Productivity Continues

Today was a pretty good day. Many laughs were had and I got quite a bit accomplished. Yay :)

My day started out with a nice surprise in that when I called the Woodford's to say hello, Andrew answered. I found this pretty confusing seeing as it was still fairly early for me, I thought he was still in Mexico, and he picked up on the last ring just as I was about to hang up to avoid my favourite, the answering machine. We had a nice chat though & I was able to chat with Judy (his mom) later in the day (extra special too as I think she was in the process of cooking a Thanksgiving dinner for like 10+ people).

After my hour-long bus ride downtown (most of it spent on the phone... ah the conveniences of cell phones) I successfully mastered the Canadian Tire bridal registry thinger and then jaunted over to H&M. I've never been to an H&M in Canada (and didn't really know we had one in London) but remember really liking it from way back during a high school band trip to the US. Turns out they were quasi-celebrating Black Friday and I was able to pick up a really nice sweater for $12 and a sweet tweed skirt for cheap as well (see Joia's blog on the right for an explanation of Black Friday).

This afternoon I hit the finance books and made good sense of a whole chapter of my text. I was supposed to meet up with a classmate so we could help each other through it, but it turns out I thought we were meeting at 2:30 and he thought 1:30. We did cross paths around 3 though only to learn that we had also mis-communicated which chapter we were studying. Nevertheless, we had a good chat about future plans & plan to meet sometime this coming week.

Today's practise time went pretty well (score!). My reed work as of late has been pretty stellar and it is boosting my satisfaction pertaining to my playing quite a bit.

Paul and I went out to see August Rush after dinner tonight. It was a pretty clean movie and kinda cute for musical people. If you're one of those musicians, though, who cringes at actors faking musical talent, beware -- there is a whole lot of it in this movie. The basic premise is about a boy who hears music everywhere and is very good at writing it down. Check out http://augustrushmovie.warnerbros.com/ if you're really interested in the plot line; I'm positive that the website does a better job than I me in describing it.

Tomorrow holds an accounting-filled morning and a dress rehearsal for the orchestra concert (held Sunday... check out www.music.uwo.ca for more details). Catch ya on the flip side.

No comments: